Chicago, IL -- Back in 1999, Mr. Frank Sweeney became our first annual dues-paying member. What is interesting to note is that at the time that Frank began his membership, EDHS did not offer memberships. Frank, however, encouraged us to do so because of the value that he felt we provided to his family and others.
The note he included with his initial membership sums it up: "It's amazing how much our family has learned about this disaster and our family history. My children and their families now know more than they ever would have about their own heritage through your efforts."
Ever since that first membership, EDHS has always strived to provide as much value as possible to those of you who are our annual dues-paying members. Historically, the value provided to our members was through the benefits we offered, such as:
- Affiliation with a charitable organization that represents your unique, personal interests
- Periodic correspondence including newsletters and other special announcements
- Family history research support
- 25% discount on all merchandise and tickets available through EDHS
- Advance notification of and invitation to special events
- The opportunity to meet others whose family histories trace back to the Eastland Disaster
We are excited to announce that we will now be significantly increasing the value that we provide to our members. Over the next few weeks we will be rolling out not just one but two new benefits of your membership. First, we will be scheduling special events that will be for members. Second, our research archives and artifacts collection will be made available online with access that will be for members.
These two new benefits will increase the value that you receive as a member of EDHS. Please stay tuned for two separate announcements that will be coming your way.